Sunday, September 3, 2006

SO YOU THINK YOU'RE A FROG














I tried my best. The lighting seemed perfect. Too perfect. I needed to hide my warts, put on a little make-up. Dress it up for the "So You Think You're A Frog" competition. But I changed my mind, decided being a toad was okay. Showed my ugliness, magnified it too. Ugliness means intensity. I didn't want to look like Mimi from "The Drew Carey Show." Who would take me serious? Then again, maybe I should have entered the competition hiding my imperfections (see next picture).














One toad. Two toad. True toad. Green toad. Which brings me to my next point. I lost to an evil twin, a deviant anomaly. Then I realized, it wasn't a frog contest, it was a blog contest. And since I didn't have a Chiquita banana to pose with, in desperation I went with my toad photo to acknowledge my award. I now have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the contest. For more details go to Theory of Thought.

11 comments:

Anomaly said...

There there, froggy... you're not too upset to have some more female competition, are you? ^_^

Congrats on the placing, and good luck in the next round,

Anomaly

Anonymous said...

This post has been removed by the essayist.

Sorted Lives said...

Found your blog via Morgen. LOVE IT!! Definately blogrolling you.

Please feel free to email me. Would love to talk about what you do.

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Lizza said...

I had read some of Julia's blog entries earlier and noticed that you were among the awardees.

I was going to congratulate you, but got my scare of the day when I saw the pics in your latest post.

I hate frogs, they scare me.

P.S. Congratulations!

thethinker said...

Oh don't worry. There's always next week to reclaim your first place position. And, you can think of it this way: You're the only competitor who's placed three weeks in a row.(And this time, I sent you the right e-mail!).

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award. I know you worked very hard for it.
MW

Erik Donald France said...

Huzzah! Nice work, y'all ;)
'Erik

Toads and frogs with lipstick? Or is that lip gloss?

Anonymous said...

Erik I think it is cherry kool aid.

r's musings said...

Love the froggy photos, and Mimi on Drew Carey. Congrats on another award! Three weeks in a row! Cheers, Robin

Anonymous said...

Jim, Congrats on your award! Keep it up. --Bro, Ron

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Jim,

Congrats!