Saturday, September 16, 2006

BUDDY LEE



It doesn't make any sense to add AdSense to my blog when I can pick and choose my own products. Perhaps I'll go to www.LeeJeans.com and say, "Hey, I mentioned your merchandise in my blog. How about sending me $5 for my efforts?"

And believe me, it isn't always easy collecting Buddy Lee memorabilia. The cashier at Sears rang up my purchase--two pair of Buddy Lee Jeans. I paid $18.99 each for street carpenter jeans, regular price, not sale price. Hey, without a belt, I could wear them riding the hips, which is how the young folks kind of do it (no lower than that).

The cashier told me to "have a nice day."

I said, "Wait just a minute. Where's my Buddy Lee Commemorative Americana Watch? It's a promotional item. I'm supposed to get one for buying two pair of Buddy Lee Jeans."

The cashier acted like she didn't know anything about it. They never do. She phoned the manager. They discussed my request. She said, "The manager doesn't know anything about it." They never do.

I stood my ground. I was determined to leave Sears with a Buddy Lee Watch on my wrist. I got there early for their one-day promotion. The manager did a little research, he handed me a form, said I had to mail it in with my receipt. I did. Four weeks later and I had my watch. Just like Buddy Lee, I kept going. Or is that the Energizer Bunny?

Anyway, no AdSense for me. I've checked out numerous blogs related to prison and crime, most of the AdSense is prisoner advocacy groups. I don't want to advocate anything--except, well, maybe ... Buddy Lee.

12 comments:

Rocky the Flying Squirrel said...

You're my buddy, Bullwinkle.

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jim,

Cracked me up from the get go (that image!) Very funny!

Anonymous said...

Jim, Damn straight! They advertize giving a free Buddy Lee watch when purchasing a set of pants, then hold them to it!. --Bro, Ron

Michelle's Spell said...

This made me laugh! Love the picture.

Anonymous said...

Funny post. Your up to 1966 and counting. Congrats MW

Anonymous said...

"2000" - We'll throw a big party! :)

Em Meyer said...

Funny stuff.

I never know what to expect when I come here! Life has given you a wide range of experience to draw from for your writing. Thanks for sharing it JR.

Bobby said...

Why don't they tell their employees what's going on - gees

Buddy Lee did more for Lee jeans then countless cowboys could ever do for Wrangler. I haven't bought Wranglers in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Fantastic!! Keep up the great work! 2000 and counting!! --Bro, Ron

jeannie said...

I love Buddy Lee! I've got my mother's Buddy Lee doll. They had a house fire in 1948 (i think). She only saved two dolls, and Buddy Lee was one of them. He's pretty special.

Muddy said...

My husband loves to wear his buddy lee t shirt he got several years ago-but hates it when people refer to it as a "doll".

Anonymous said...

Buddy Lee ain't no doll man!!!