Wednesday, October 18, 2006

PLAY BALL!!!














Yesterday, before the anesthesiologist rendered me speechless, I wrote "here" and "JT" on my right flank. I guess I don't have much faith in our health care system. As for prayer, I let the hospital chaplain do her thing out of politeness, but I listened to the Today Show instead.

Once we arrived home, I displayed my new party hats on the kitchen table and had my wife snap a picture. Notice the Calcucatch Urinary Stone Interceptor in my right hand. This convenient little contraption will accompany me to work. It's telescopic design with built in mesh screen should be easy to bring inside the prison. That is, if the gate officer allows it. Also, I'm still waiting for the approval of being on pain medication while dealing with inmates.

Excuse me, I have some pitching and catching to do. My strike zone will be much smaller once I return to my place of employment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, Well it looks like a fine morning and time to get out the ole interceptor. Just be patient because you wouldn't want to lose the stones. You then could sell them on eBay. :0 --Bro, Ron
p.s. Let me know how the other "plumbing" is coming along.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I forgot to mention. Those party hats would go great at "A's" birthday party coming up. You might want to bring some along. --Bro, Ron

Joe Schmidt said...

The way things are going, Shaun Rogers might show up in one of your classes. Extra large telescope.

Anonymous said...

Hope you hit a home run. I'll be rooting for you! :p

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better. Looks like your going to be doing some mining. MW

Anonymous said...

Looks like there might be a lot of mining going on these days! Hang in there.

Cheri said...

I have my own surgery tomorrow morning, but I could never imagine having to pass satanic kidney stones! Eeech. I hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!