Sunday, October 15, 2006

BEFORE & AFTER














I may not get a bottle of cheap champagne dumped on my head, and that doesn’t matter to me. I’m just glad that I’m no longer struggling with a poor self-image (too many second places will do that to you). For well over a month, I’ve been looking in the mirror at a big ugly bloated-toad staring back at me, like I’ve been stuck in “Before” picture mode, where no one comes around to offer me a magic pill with promises of becoming a Prince Charming. “Hey mister” someone resembling my father says, “drink it down with a tall glass of water.”

Today, I celebrate my victory. I even have my own Theory of Thought: I think I scared The Thinker’s SYTYAF Contestants away (or at least confused them with my newfound wit and letter reassignment surgery). She had five competitors this time around. She should’ve had at least a dozen. Did I not advertise the event? Did I not leave myself vulnerable to defeat? The information is still listed to the right, under the heading “Contests.”

In case you’re wondering what the hell I'm talking about, I have reclaimed my “So You Think You're A Frog” First Place Status. The long drought of second and third places is over. The transformation is complete. I’m in my “After” picture mode. And guess what?—I didn’t even drink any liquids, and that’s a tough pill to swallow.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a frog inside us all. I'm felt like the before pic my whole life...

JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey Shadowfalcon,
"Before" ain't all that bad.

Dr. A said...

You're right! I'm totally intimidated by the JR posting jugernaut. Losing three and four times in a row really wears on you. LOL. Actually, I forgot the deadline. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

It's not all that bad being a frog, JR. There's always a chance of a princess kissing you and transforming you into a prince! :p

JLCGULL said...

After a meal of frog, fish and fries, I'm good to go.

ZZZZZZZ said...

I think frogs are awesome. Love the pictures! Second place is better than no place! which is actually where I'm currently at! Gotta keep trying though eh?

Erik Donald France said...

Sounds like Frog Heaven. Onward!

Anonymous said...

I think your theory is correct. All those other contestants are shaking in their boots.

Just don't get too comfortable with that first place spot. I'm sure some other frog is just waiting to hop right into your place.

Anonymous said...

Drink lot's of liquids and most certainly more water. You are looking a little dehydrated.
MW

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Jim,

This made me laugh! Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Jim, Now remember, keep drinking lots of water especially so you don't end up like the 2nd frog. The frogs are just a hopping and a hopeing to take over your spot. Be clever and keep everyone jumping!!!! --Bro, Ron

Jo said...

You're too funny. And you had better start drinking some fluids or you will end up like that dehydrated, pickled little fellow. Anyway, I suspect you're really a handsome prince in disguise...

Cheers,
Josie