Friday, June 23, 2006

TO FLOSS OR NOT TO FLOSS

I’ve got blogger’s burnout, not from the extra writing—heavens no!—but from trying to fix the template of my blog. If you haven’t noticed, and I’m sure you haven’t (because nobody scrolls that far) my profile is now at the end of my postings; sadly, it’s been there all week.

So I leave you with another short story that was inspired from the three main sources listed below:

1) Accusations by two inspectors that an inmate had been stabbed in my classroom.

2) The slang term "flossing" which means "to show off."

3) Shakespeare.

"When Hamlet says, ‘to be or not to be,’ he refers to the ‘slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,’ and implies that man is a target and must withstand the brutal assaults of daily existence."
---Lexicon of Literary Terms by Robert Anderson & Ronald Eckard



Here’s the link: (www.metrotimes.com/guides/summerfiction/2000/Floss.htm) If you’d like to leave a comment regarding the story, what you liked or disliked, or anything else for that matter, then please do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want inspiration? Wait till you find out what Klimo told me about a certain head banger who doesn't need a psyche. MW

Erik Donald France said...

Great post, Jim! On the template, maybe go back as if to create a new blog with the same template, print it out and compare to what happened with this one, and then cut and paste it back to how it was originally? Good luck! I lost my links for an hour yesterday playing around with the whistles and bells -- but somehow got them back again playing around some more.

R's Musings said...

Haven't read the story, yet; been spending way too much time on my own today...but the photo is great! Too funny!

ZZZZZZZ said...

Sorry to hear about your template blues jim... I've been having trouble with the picture uploads myself. hopefully all the bugs are worked out soon. hope the burn out doesn't last ;o)

Bro Ron said...

Jim, Can't help you on your blog problems since I don't have a blog myself. I like the photo as well. Bro, Ron

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Jim,

Love the story -- congrats on the publication! Floss is a great title.

R's Musings said...

Liked your story, Jim. Being a prison educator, I'll bet you've got tons of stories to tell! And thanks so much for the encouraging words on my blog! I loved "The Comfort Band." It was my coming-of-age story. Michelle says it will metamorphous into an even better one. Here's hoping! -R

mist1 said...

Thanks for suggesting that I come here. I like the story. I thought I was the only person writing about floss.