Sunday, June 11, 2006

LET THERE BE WATER

The hole in the ground is now officially a pond--four thousand gallons of water, seven goldfish, snails, water lettuce, and other aquatic plants. I am still waiting on my neighbor's bridge. If you'll recall from the last post, woodworking is not my speciality.

There's something about a waterfall that calms the inner soul. I plan on spending late evenings relaxing by the water with my journal. Hopefully I'll generate some fresh ideas for short stories. At least I have a tranquil setting. Wish me luck with the mosquitoes and yellow jackets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. You did a great job.
The water fall would do it for me.
Nice and relaxing a good place to read, or write. MW

Cheri said...

I watched a show about TD Roosevelt last night, and in it, he exclaimed how beautiful the waterfalls were on the Amazon River. I've never seen a waterfall, natural at least, and I'm sure it's a humbling experience. =D

ZZZZZZZ said...

four thousand gallons of water holy crap! looks nice though! hehe

Erik Donald France said...

Jim,

That's awesome! Very impressive work! Very of the tao ;)

~~ Erik

Wichita-Lineman said...

Beautiful work. I always like the sounds water makes; from the gurgling against rocks in a river, to the quick rush of a surf up a sandy shore, to the cascading plunge of a waterfall. It's a natural sound the soul seems to crave.