Saturday, July 1, 2006

TATTOO YOU

My vacation has officially begun. One full week convict free. Perhaps when I do get back to work they’ll let me inside the walls, since according to my employer’s records I am no longer a certified teacher for the State of Michigan. Enough! That was yesterday’s post.

As I’ve said, time for some much needed R & R. My wife’s already on me about not shaving. Remember the episode of "Cheers" where they had a beard-growing contest? Didn’t the mailman’s beard come in all uneven and patchy, like a dishevelled werewolf? That’s how mine would look.

You’re probably wondering about the "tat" too. We had a going away party yesterday for our neighbors whom are Texas bound (their son is Davey, "Gobstoppers & The Muffin Monster"). I fell asleep on our pool deck. Davey and his friends thought it’d be funny to tattoo my face. Of course I flinched, but decided to pretend I was still snoozing. They had fun with it, saying stuff like, "No not there, too many craters. Watch the wrinkles. Over here, there's no hair." Now I just have to remind myself not to rob a convenience store since I have an easily identifiable mark. Wouldn't want to become an immediate celebrity on "The World's Dumbest Criminals." Have a great Fourth of July everyone, and stay away from those illegal fireworks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tattoo. I was in St.Clair Shores for the fireworks yesterday and had a great time. It seemed as though it was one big party. I was amazed by the amount of people from babies to senior citizens all on the march to the park to witness the sky lighting up. The explosions reverberated over the lake sounding like rolling thunder.
Don't lose the tattoo. It gives
you the "edge" you seek for writing. Diaper and all. Have a great vacation. MW

R's Musings said...

Cute post. Nuzzle your wife's neck w/your unshaven face; you never know, she might just change her mind. :) Loved that Stone's album, by the way! Happy 4th! -R

Erik Donald France said...

Happy vacation, Jim! I like that Stones album, too :->

~~Erik

Michelle's Spell said...

Tattoo You was my first Stone's concert and so fantastic -- Cotton Bowl in the pouring rain! The shaving thing is funny --I used to have a boyfriend who resembled the unabomber about week one into any vacation. Sad to say, his social skills might have been surpassed by old Ted K. Alas, you can't have everything!

ZZZZZZZ said...

nice tattoo. enjoy your vacation. before you know it you will be back at work.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»