Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TIMELINE FICTION



















MIXED BLESSINGS

1987: Hospital delivers Dudley (hidden complications).
1990: Dudley disappears.
1995: He's on milk cartons.
2002: His body's exhumed. DNA matches parents. Funeral.
Today: Numerous sightings.


I'm not sure whether "Mixed Blessings" fits the Hint Fiction category. It does meet the 25-word limit. How about Clue Fiction, or better still Timeline Fiction?

Some may argue that it's not a story at all, that it doesn't fit the criteria. Your thoughts?

8 comments:

Catvibe said...

Cute!

Hey what you posted on my blog? I think there was some very strange html code in there that rendered it unintelligible. Otherwise sadly funny and too true.

Charles Gramlich said...

It's almost a complete story, in the sense that if the character were "elvis" it would be a complete story. The fact that the character is not famous makes it "clue fiction".

ShadowFalcon said...

Not sure I think timeline fiction does fit better...

Aniket said...

Well I loved the pic for sure.

And I liked the fresh take so don't care if its timeline or hint fiction. I just liked it. :)

the walking man said...

Personally I think it's too close to reality to be fiction.

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

Poem. Sort of Norman Maileresque style when he attempted to write poetry.

I think the last line of one of his poems was,

"But their children kept dying."

Bebo said...

I agree w/ WM, too close to reality to be fiction... Love the numerous sightings tho!

You crammed an entire life/afterlife into 25 words or less! That's a feat in itself, no matter what title you put on it.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking their baby was switched at birth and that the Dudley they raised is still out there.