Friday, July 10, 2009

LOST, FOUND & CLARITY OF NIGHT












Another happy childhood memory, another “Young Author’s Award” (1973), and another disturbing page from a much larger work. Perhaps Julie (see her comment on July 8th’s post) has a valid point—I’m beginning to see and hear the poetry; the words are jumping off the prison stationary.









There’s no need for commentary here, but if you’d like to read my flash fiction story, “The Sober Truth about Tyler & Zachary on Bickerstaff Street” then "X" marks the spot. Also, as the competition “wines” down (deliberate spelling, pun intended), I’ll give you the links to my favorites.

3 comments:

the walking man said...

No one should be allowed to leave any school for any reason at this level of writing ability. *sigh* I guess he's a long term student now.

ivan said...

Good grief!

Julie said...

"Bump, turn around, jump, stop." HA! HA! I'm such a freaking weirdo. But I do see a poem in that. I'll be thinking that line all night. Bump, turn around, jump, stop...oh yeah.

It can't top "barbar shoes," but I see a poem here. I'm starting to scare myself.

Your story is excellent, JR. I truly enjoyed reading it.